Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Meet Ms Moneypenny

Loaded up on the trip home
It's almost Thanksgiving and there isn't a lot of sailing going on in our neck of the wood.  So I thought I would take this opportunity to introduce you to a new piece of boat equipment....sort of.  Meet Ms Moneypenny, my new boat folding bike.  Actually I have had her for a little while.  We have been getting acquainted as I get used to riding a much smaller (wheels and frame) bike.
Danger - Stay 500 Ft back
Today was a lovely fall day with temps close to 70 so I pulled out Moneypenny and we popped down to "the Village" for a few items from the grocery store.  Amazingly she can carry quite a bit.  However my ability to bike back up a small hill on the way home with the full load is not.....as in I usually have to get off and push near the top until it flattens out.   Oh well. 
Building a padded bag so she can be folding down and greased for storage.
 

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the crate on back -- incredibly practical. Glad to see your little bike make an appearance on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Given the amount of food I ate today for Thanksgiving, I think I will need to be spending more time with Ms Moneypenny. But it was worth it...Yum-O!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sailor Andy emailed me to ask if Ms Moneypenny is outfitted with hidden lasers.....maybe.

    ReplyDelete